Where Our Funding Comes From
Our work at Borders Wellness Retreat is funded by a variety of means including crowdfunding, donations, grants, sponsorship and sales of merchandise.
In order to fund the retreats for those impacted by cancer, a crowdfunding micro site is coming soon. This site will detail what people can purchase for their funds:
- £25 will pay for an Alpaca mascot, a key ring and certificate of appreciation
- £50 will pay for a fleece jacket, an alpaca mascot and a certificate of appreciation.
- £100 will pay for a fleece jacket, two alpaca mascots, a certificate of appreciation, and named on our online roll of honour
- £250 will pay for three fleece jackets, three alpaca mascots, a dedicated brick in our planned facility, a certificate of appreciation, and named on our online roll of honour.
- £500 will pay for a two day activity break / 1 night Dinner, bed and breakfast for 2 people, one alpaca mascots and named on our online roll of honour.
We gratefully recieve charitable donations.
For UK taxpayers, it is also possible for use to claim Gift Aid on your donation, thereby increasing our total by an additional 20% at no cost to you.
Give As You Live
Join for free soon and start raising when you shop at over 4,300 stores. Click on a store you want to shop with and we’ll direct you to the store’s website where you can continue to shop as normal. Your purchase will automatically generate free funds for charity.
From holidays and travel, to clothing and gifts, you can raise hundreds of pounds from all your online purchases.
We actively seek out charitable funding bodies, recognising that the charity sector is very competitive and that there are many worthy causes competing for limited funds.
We aim to have at least one annual fundraising event per year. These will be showcased across our website and social media accounts to gain as much coverage and support as possible.
Sales of Merchandise
Our commercial trading arm, BWR Commercial Ltd has been established as a social enterprise, Company Limited by Guarantee. This allows our retail products to be sold and for all surplus profits to be donated to the charity in order to fund the retreats.
Surplus Generated from Commercial/Corporate Retreats
Our commercial trading arm, BWR Commercial Ltd has been established as a social enterprise, Company Limited by Guarantee. This allows for all surplus profits to be donated to the charity in order to fund the retreats.
Occasionally, corporate organisations offer sponsorship of particular retreats as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility, to which we are exceptionally grateful.
‘Buy a brick’
Our long-term aim is to build a dedicated facility, which will be open 7 days a week.
In order to fund this, we will be launching an opportunity for individuals/organisations to be part of this exciting development. Names will be entered into the Roll of Honour which will be widely promoted.
Get in touch